Friday, September 27, 2013

Mommy & Baby Hand Prints


I found this basic recipe to make salt dough for prints.  It looked so easy and fun so I had to try it.  Since the recipe I found was so basic it took me two tries to get it right.  It was a lot of fun and really fast and easy to make.  Here's the recipe with my additional notes. 

1/2 c salt
1/2 c flour

1/4 c water (give or take)
 

Mix together well.  (I used a wooden spoon at first, then finished mixing with my hands until I was able to form a ball)
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.  
Form the dough into a ball or brink (depending on the shape you want) and roll it out onto the cookie sheet.
Firmly press Mommy's (or Daddy's) hand in first, then firmly press the child's hand.  If it doesn't work out roll the dough out again.  
If desired, use a straw to make holes for hanging.  

Bake at 210 degrees F for 3 hours until it's fully dry and hard.  If it's still wet or soft, place it back into the oven for another 1-2 hours.

Paint desired colors using acrylic paint. 


I've decided to display the hand prints using a plate holder.

No comments:

Post a Comment